What is a hard money loan?
- Our hard money lending program is a short term business loan for rehabbers and landlords. Our program is specifically looking for 3 types of borrowers.
- First are rehabbers. There are two types of rehab borrowers we look for. The first is someone who does the work themself and then sells the house on the retail market. The second is someone who acts as general contractor and funds the rehab themself while having a full time job.
- Second are wholesalers who can’t shop a property before closing on the property or will make more if they close on the house, clean it up and list it on the MLS.
- Third are landlords who are looking to buy a house at a discount, fix the house up and refinance the house out with a long term lender. If landlord borrowers go this route, they don’t have to put 20% down like they would with a traditional lender as long as they buy a house at a discount.
Where do you lend?
- The St. Louis Metro area, on the Missouri side. We typically work in St. Louis County, St. Charles County, and St. Louis City. Occasionally, we will lend in Jefferson, Lincoln and Warren County.
What types of properties do you lend on?
- FasterFunds Lending specializes in lending on non-owner occupied, single family properties that borrowers want to do a fix and flip on or do a buy and hold. We will consider 1-4 families as well if the deal makes sense.
Do I need an appraisal?
- We do not get an appraisal on properties we lend on but we do need to walkthrough the property before we can approve the loan.
Do you grant extensions?
- Yes. They are granted on a case-by-case basis and additional fees do apply.
How do I get pre-approved?
- Click on the ‘Apply’ tab up top and start the application process today!
Do you look at credit scores?
- Yes, but we do not have a minimum credit score. We look at the whole picture of an applicant.
Can I live in the house during the course of the loan?
- No. FasterFunds Lending provides loans to non-owner occupants.
Are there prepayment penalties?
- No. We want borrowers to be as successful as possible and not hold onto a property longer than they need to.
Do you fund trustee sales?
- No. We require lender insurance and have to walk-through every property before we can lend on it.