As an investor whether you are a landlord or rehabber, you will eventually run into an issue of owning a house that has had a heavy smoker in it. This will cause a few issues:
- Bad smoke smell throughout the house
- Staining that will keep bleeding through a normal paint job
So how can you address the tar / nicotine on the walls, so that you can either rent it out or sell it to a broader base of prospects, including non-smokers?
Here are the 4 easy steps that should do the trick:
- Wash the walls down with Savogran Trisodium Phosphate (also known as TSP)
- Thoroughly wipe down the walls to remove the TSP and tar / nicotine residue
- Prime the walls using Kilz Oil Base paint
- Paint the walls with normal wall paint
Hope this helps!